Visiting Fellow position
HBCSE is a National Centre of TIFR carrying out science and mathematics education research from primary school up to undergraduate level. The centre is looking for competent and committed researchers or teachers holding a PhD degree in science/mathematics education or any science/mathematics/engineering disciplines who are interested to contribute to the Vigyan Pratibha program’s research and educational activities (https://vigyanpratibha.in/). The Vigyan Pratibha program is a national impact program which involves directly working with school systems in collaboration with several S&T institutions in the country. The program encourages and nurtures mathematical and scientific aptitude among students of Class 8 to 10 of all gender groups through capacity building of their teachers. The program aims to deliver rich quality learning resources for students, teachers, and school communities in a variety of forms including learning units, videos, workshop materials, research exposure, and interactional meetings. The program also connects clusters of school systems with eminent S&T research institutions via resources and interactive visits.
The Visiting Fellow is a post-doctoral position. The applicant is expected to have an interest in development of high-school level educational material -rich in pedagogical and conceptual foundations in science and mathematics disciplines. The person should be willing to connect to school teachers’ community in the country to engage them in effective and research-informed pedagogic practices in science and mathematical learning. The dissemination of work is expected in the form reports, scholarly and academic writing, and presentations in meetings and conferences. The person will be stationed at HBCSE and will be working collaboratively with the Vigyan Pratibha team.
The preferred age is below 35 years, relaxable for deserving candidates. These are a rolling type position/s so open until filled. Please apply enclosing your bio-data and including the following specific details:
1. Date of birth
2. Academic record up to Master’s degree
3. Short abstract/ description of PhD Work (~ 100 words)
4. A curriculum vitae (CV) including list of publications (with a brief note on the 5 most significant publications)
5. Awards and scholarships
6. Experience in teaching and/ public engagement with science and mathematics
7. Names and contact details (email) of three referees
8. A letter of interest (1-2 pages) expressing how your prior research/work experience will contribute to the Vigyan Pratibha project objectives, and how this experience fits into your career goals.
9. A proposal for the project that you would like to take up in Vigyan Pratibha program at HBCSE (1-2 pages).
10. A brief comment about any one learning unit presently available on the website (https://vigyanpratibha.in/index.php/learning-units/)
Shortlisted candidates will be called for a seminar/ interview at HBCSE. Selected candidates will be offered a Visiting Fellowship initially for one year, extendable by one more year. The Fellowship carries an honorarium of Rs 47,000/- upwards p.m. plus HRA as applicable, and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 40,000/- Please note that the institutional accommodation is NOT available for this position.
Applications can be sent via email to vpadmin [at] hbcse . tifr.res. in with a mandatory subject line “Application for Visiting Fellow position: Vigyan Pratibha”. Questions regarding the VF position can also be directed to the same email id.
Applications received via email at vpadmin [at] hbcse. tifr. res.in only will be reviewed.